Should AI attempt to do everything?

by WF- Enzo Administrator
36 replies
What do you think? Should AI try to do everything? Jack of all trades?

I mean, it's kinda fun seeing what AI can do with prompts right?
#attempt
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    Except - AI can't do everything. Anyone who trusts AI to do 'everything' is naive.

The 'high road' for AI will be in science and medicine, in math and engineering...the 'low road' will be detectable content creation and 'deep fakes'.
    Signature
    Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world changes forever for that one dog

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11767323].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author socialentry
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

Except - AI can't do everything. Anyone who trusts AI to do 'everything' is naive.

The 'high road' for AI will be in science and medicine, in math and engineering...the 'low road' will be detectable content creation and 'deep fakes'.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11789942].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dr PhoneFix
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11767327].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GordonJ
    Originally Posted by WF- Enzo View Post

Yes.
    It should do everything.
    Except.
    Spend my money.

Now working on my WF AI
    personal assistant...call me says alen.

GordonJ
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11767333].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Odahh

How about a pesky esoteric response.

AI changes everything that needs to be done. Then it allows a wide range of of new things to be done that where either no practical or just not possible.

Think about fork lifts and container shipping. How it changed everything in a way no one could have predicted 50 years ago.

Use AI to take an image of your body it figures out your fit. Then a robot somewhere within a few hundred miles of you creates a near perfect set of clothes for you and ships it to you within hours of ordering.

The other interesting question it how do we use AI to eliminate a large amount of what currently needs to be done while getting the same or better results.

If you look at the history of rat utopia experiments it doesn't go well when you take all the survival pressure of mammals. Humans do exactly what they need to do to sabotage utopia though. So you will see human creat large amounts of silly work just because it is something to do and can't be done by robots or AI.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11767359].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author guinemojo23
    I think AI should not do everything because in my opinion AI is no doubt helpful but it is far more dangerous than we think......
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11767425].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author 7amoudymh
      hi!
      I do not think AI shoud do everything, we don't really know how powerful this is. And also if AI does everything we become more stupid..
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11789918].message }}
  • AI can try
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11767494].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tagiscom

AI is bias, if the main comments on Google are negative then AI will pick up on that and give you a negative reply.

It is an intelligent association generator nothing more, and even though Musk and others tell us it will become self aware and go on a rampage l don't believe in that.

The human mind can do things beyond what should be possible with present day understanding of Physics, you can't teach a machine to become self aware not possible with present AI.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11767526].message }}
      Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post

AI is bias, if the main comments on Google are negative then AI will pick up on that and give you a negative reply.

It is an intelligent association generator nothing more, and even though Musk and others tell us it will become self aware and go on a rampage l don't believe in that.

The human mind can do things beyond what should be possible with present day understanding of Physics, you can't teach a machine to become self aware not possible with present AI.
      Every human is biased. AI will only do to us what humans train it to do to other humans. Or what we train it by it observing how we treat each other.

Do unto others as you want the AI to do unto you. How they AI observes you taking and treating other the AI will decide that is how you wish to be treated.

I have been watching the development of cbdc the last three years. It won't be human at the central banks tracking ever purchase made. It will be an large language model AI.

Right now we as a race are training AI based off how we talk to each other online. The next wave as cbdc gets implemented will be training AI based off of how humans spend every dollar. And what humans want to use cash to buy for anonymity.

AI and algorithms are currently in charge of wall street and asset management firms covering much of the known wealth on the planet. Next things humans put AI in charge of is money itself.

But that is how I see things . Like humans there will be a wide verity of AI trained for different tasks.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11767599].message }}
        Originally Posted by Odahh View Post

Every human is biased. AI will only do to us what humans train it to do to other humans. Or what we train it by it observing how we treat each other.

Do unto others as you want the AI to do unto you. How they AI observes you taking and treating other the AI will decide that is how you wish to be treated.
        AI still takes prevailing sentiment in the marketplace and uses that which is probably fine in financial markets since most don't steal, but try it with things polit.....s push and have pushed so hard there is little real facts available it will give you more of the same, (some groups can use this in a bad way and pass it as Good and Wholesome AI).

I have been watching the development of cbdc the last three years. It won't be human at the central banks tracking ever purchase made. It will be an large language model AI.

Right now we as a race are training AI based off how we talk to each other online. The next wave as cbdc gets implemented will be training AI based off of how humans spend every dollar. And what humans want to use cash to buy for anonymity.

AI and algorithms are currently in charge of wall street and asset management firms covering much of the known wealth on the planet. Next things humans put AI in charge of is money itself.

But that is how I see things . Like humans there will be a wide verity of AI trained for different tasks.
        Asset management true AI can do well on the Stock Exchange, (since it can extract influencers across Google who are successful and use them for stock picks).

I know several people on eToro which can be copy-traded, and some of those who have had horrible months after a long period of time in the money, AI isn't foolproof it just increases probability.

And well most 401k's or Super has performed badly last month so it doesn't seem to be that good, (l know long term but still).

I am sure if you ask AI what is the best way to invest it won't say, "pick one asset class and watch it like a hawk" since it isn't prevailing sentiment. It will most likely say based on what most say, "diversify over several asset classes and pay professionals to manage almost 1000 companies".

So does that create wealth sure over time, but is it the best way or the best answer, probably not.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11767605].message }}
    The concept of what wealth is . That is high up on the list of the everything AI and robotics changes.

Cheap and/ or widely available AI and robotics is already and will be the primary tools of creating wealth while also destroying much of what is considered wealth today.

Data is the new oil has been the catch phrase of the last 15 years. AI refines that oil in gasoline, synthetic fertilizers and plastics used by the masses. At low or no cost.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11767609].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rmarazsky
    just find some things for it to do, and add apps that can do each task one at a time and if it works for you on that task then continue using it, cant hurt to try

which reminds me, i now gpt 4 is subscription based but i am convinced that someone will eventually come out with something that is 100% free that will be 10x what it can do.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11767932].message }}
  • I ain't tried AI yet. But I don't think, it can help as humans.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11768240].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Moodesburn1977
    i think i can but they still need us to program it for eg email marketing i have an idea, and then ask ai to write it the same for my blog too
    Signature

Lets build a online business by giving value and learning how to build a email list
    https://davidmitchell1977.systeme.io/givevalueonwarrior

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11768269].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Optimein SEO
    I wouldn't suggest it, AI is first of all obsolete since they are usually updated up to 2021, contents gave from AI is also most of the times recognised by Google as not original an so you'll loose rank. Also you will need to double check everything is stated from AI since could get reference from wrong webpages.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11768328].message }}
    Apparently AI can't forget information once it learns it. At this point. So there might be a range of tasks AI can do but has to be restricted from doing because of access to proprietary information. That the AI model can't isolate from the rest of its knowledge.

It may not be able to do everything but it can know almost everything. Weather it will ever have a BS detector. Or grasp the concept of privileged information. Who knows. It's currently got to reasoning of an high functioning autistic 9 year old .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11768419].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mayur Bansal
    AI is good in content creation.But I don't think so that AI should attempt to do everything. It's not necessary that people who're believing AI for content would definitely trust for other stuff. Because there are number of competitors already competing in other fields.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11768449].message }}
  • As Google mentioned in their latest Algorithm that they did not mind AI content as far as it was helpful. But there are millions of people writing quality content so there are very few chances to rank your content written by AI.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11768578].message }}
    There is growing backlash against grocery stores going almost exclusively self checkout and restaurant s apps adding tips to pick up and other takeout options.

I walk into a fast food place I see kiosk ordering only I walk back out.

If you attempt to go all AI in your business will there be a number of clients or potential clients that don't deal with your business because when they want to speak with a live human being. They can't.

Are you using AI to better serve your paying customers. Or are you cutting costs provided what the customers feel is bad service. While the customers are seeing prices stay the same or new fees added.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11768585].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mostakin
    very helpful information.thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11769114].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author goonies
    Yes I think we should utilize it the best we can in various ways all at once...

But it's funny how companies, services, & people are labeling everything "AI" bc its a buzz word but no machine learning or datasets involved. & things we have been doing prior i.e automation, search/filtering, etc
    The funniest ones are sites providing "original AI" content, but simply using meta tags & descriptions to output pre-made templates lol.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11769366].message }}
    Been trying it out on Bing and when you ask about world domination and such it says "still learning don't want to discuss it".

But l asked it to make me a joke and it did pretty well...

Sure! Here's a light-hearted joke for you:
    Why don't scientists trust atoms?
    Because they make up everything!
    I also asked it about stock market trading and it brought back generic results which was disappointing, but l will be messing about with this to see how useful it is.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11769568].message }}
    no it still needs us to tell it what to write, for eg i was writing a story email i had 3 ideas but it exceeding my expecations, i use ai for my blogs but i still outsource the seo part and images etc
    Signature

Lets build a online business by giving value and learning how to build a email list

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11770197].message }}
  • Tried AI for calculus and algebra lately, at leas gtp 3.5 has some issues because it confuses terms and formulas and you really have to be very specific on what you're asking, but for other things like literature or content creation, it flows perfectly, does anyone else thinks that we might be teaching wrongly AI?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11770325].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author writeaway
    There are a lot of things AI can't do or can do but very badly....

Things involving judgment calls, discernment, and reading how people react three steps down.

AI is going to wipe out jobs that are repetitive or template driven like call center support

But it won't ever take over SALES JOBS
    Signature
    Virtual Assistants - Only $3 USD per hour

NEED FREE ONLINE TRAFFIC? PM for a FREE CONSULTATION
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11777182].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jamell
    Artificial intelligence will continue on it's growth trajectory but at some point that growth will curve .

There Are some job sectors that AI wouldn't be replacing humans .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11777549].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    Every now and then I see a news story or read something in a book and realize that A.I. might be the perfect answer to THAT problem.

Yesterday I was watching a report about problems with Air Traffic Controllers...and it occurred to me that A.I. might be able to do much of the work of coordinating planes. Not all by itself - but with human oversight....just one possibility of A.I. make life better or safer.
    Signature
    Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world changes forever for that one dog

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11777551].message }}
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

Every now and then I see a news story or read something in a book and realize that A.I. might be the perfect answer to THAT problem.

Yesterday I was watching a report about problems with Air Traffic Controllers...and it occurred to me that A.I. might be able to do much of the work of coordinating planes. Not all by itself - but with human oversight....just one possibility of A.I. make life better or safer.
      Pairing ai with a human with skills and training . So far gets the best results. But I also see greater potential in task specialized ai. Instead of one super ai that knows and does everything.

Air traffic control is on great area. Another where ai and automation are going to have an impact is mega farms like bil gates holdings . where in real time . the facial recognition technology has been applied to plants. So the ai in a tractor can identify a weed from the the crops being cultivated. Apply fertilizer to the crop if needed and herbicide to the weed or pesticide to bugs crawling around.

The technology is there but expensive an appropriate for very large farms. The Cool part is it greatly reduces the chemicals needed.

The the limit of where advanced ai can be used are based on the energy and water used as well as the number of chips that can handle advanced ai.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11777856].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kevincooper25
    If AI could do everything by itself, they will destroy us.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11777795].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author socialentry
      Originally Posted by kevincooper25 View Post

If AI could do everything by itself, they will usher in a golden age and enforce municipal bylaws.

fixed 4 u .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11789943].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MYDCOM
    I can certainly appreciate the excitement of pushing the boundaries and trying new things with AI. It's like being a toddler exploring the world, full of curiosity and endless possibilities. But, I do believe AI shouldn't try to do everything, that's how Ai takes over the world.

But pertaining to using Ai for internet marketing, yes it would be nice to have Ai do everything for me
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11777837].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SunCrop Gruop
    Banned
    No, AI should not attempt to do everything. While AI systems can perform specific tasks exceptionally well, they have limitations and should not be expected to handle every conceivable task. AI is most effective when applied to well-defined and specific domains where it can leverage its strengths. It's crucial to consider ethical implications, potential biases, and the need for human oversight in the development and deployment of AI systems. Additionally, there are tasks that require human qualities such as creativity, empathy, and ethical decision-making, which AI may not fully replicate. Striking a balance and defining clear boundaries for AI applications is essential for responsible and effective use.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11782144].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Affiliater1982
    No it may be able to do 75% of the work in certain areas but it still makes errors. You need to check through and give it the finishing or human touches.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11784154].message }}
    I personally dont think so, ai is great for conent ideas, and gets you thinking in the right directions, it is much more important to have great copywriting skills, but ai does give u good ideas like a good starting point
    Signature

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11789985].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Karshit Bhargava
    I believe its success lies in solving problems that have been unsolved for a long time.
    The industries like healthcare, where it is required the most, should be solved first.
    Once you create a significant impact in one area it should then focus on others.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11790464].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author spartan14
    Well seems that soon we will live like in that sci fi movies where almost everything its AI .I remember a movie where a guy gets inside his house and he speak with the ai from his house as seems his house its like a computer
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11790483].message }}

Trending Topics