X to potentially charge all users

by WF- Enzo Administrator
13 replies
I mean, what? A socmed platform that charges users a small fee? is this some kind of a joke?
#charge #potentially #users
  • Profile picture of the author Monetize
    Originally Posted by WF- Enzo View Post

I mean, what? A socmed platform that charges users a small fee? is this some kind of a joke?

I think the platform would be a better place if people have
    to pay to be there.

If I am engaging in social media marketing, trying to sell
    something, looking for opportunity seekers, etc., then I'd
    rather deal with people who can pay for things, instead
    of those who live in Timbuktu, people who aren't capable
    of buying because they are unbanked, and all the other
    issues of dealing with online randomness.

I wouldn't mind paying a fee to be on the platform as I
    would be more successful at selling or recruiting.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11770111].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    Best idea I've heard so far. It's called 'put your money where your mouth is' and would eliminate much of the bot traffic and the human 'noisemakers'. It would make the entire platform more viable IMO.

Who will complain the loudest? Those taking advantage of the platform and people on it...and those launching bots on the platform. If you aren't willing to pay a small subscription fee to 'express your opinion' - maybe your opinion is worthless?

Seems to me it would make a cleaner platform that might see increased ad effectiveness. I think another improvement would be if 'social media influencers' had to display 'disclaimers' on their sites.
    Signature
    Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world changes forever for that one dog
    Life has no remote...
    Get up and change it yourself.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11770137].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author anonyy
    I wouldn't pay for it, I can't see others doing so either it's not worth it for what it is, they need to go ad-based that's the only thing that works.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11770154].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jamell
    I wouldn't say it's a joke . Worst case scenario if they move forward with that plan they might experience a huge drop in user numbers but you never know
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11770156].message }}
    My point is that the 'huge drop in user numbers' may improve the quality of what is left behind.

Example - There are said to be over 90 million 'swifties' on X...that's great advertising for Taylor Swift but would the average X user miss a few million of those?

Elon Musk is not afraid to change course - and not afraid to try things other say 'won't work'.
    Signature
    Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world changes forever for that one dog
    Life has no remote...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11770206].message }}
  • Regular folks pay Medium to read articles - basically an article directory. So, people will pay for what they want. Twitter is embedded into many people's lives both as a consumer and a creator. I go there daily to follow some of my interests. But. I'm not sure I would pay because I'm a consumer of the content only.

Mark
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11770210].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hassanrsd
    if Elon will continue these type of strategies, people will start shifting to Threads.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11770242].message }}
    if Elon will continue these type of strategies, people will start shifting to Threads.

Think about that statement. Those people who are unwilling to pay a small fee for full access to a platform....will all leave and go to a lesser platform.

That would have the potential of making X stronger/better...not weaker. Freebie seekers are not what you want on your list - or your platform.
    Signature
    Life has no remote...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11770293].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nicenet
    Anyway, let's see how it works.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11770422].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jhoney12
    The user 'anonyyanonyy' posted a profile picture a week ago and expressed their reluctance to pay for the service. They believe that others share the same sentiment, as they find the service's current offerings not valuable enough for the price. Instead, they suggest adopting an ad-based model, as they believe it's a more viable approach.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11770855].message }}
    Instead, they suggest adopting an ad-based model, as they believe it's a more viable approach.

1. Maybe they should BUY X and then they can decide what they want to do with it.

2. ' they find the service's current offerings not valuable enough for the price' - if they are 'contributing' then perhaps they are part of the problem...how do you know about 'value' if you don't yet know the price?

2. Keep in mind using A.I. generated posts here will get you banned.
    Signature
    Life has no remote...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11770896].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author crypto pro
    what you mean by?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11782583].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author deaner10
    I don't worry about such things because most of the time it is just hype being created for attention or whatever the motive. Facebook has had the same stuff going around for years...Don't worry about tomorrow, live in the now! Cheers!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11783288].message }}

Trending Topics