Unconventional marketing?

by WarriorForum.com Administrator
27 replies
What unconventional marketing channel or strategy did you try that actually worked and gave you results?

Chime in.
#marketing #unconventional
  • Profile picture of the author GordonJ
    Originally Posted by WarriorForum.com View Post

What unconventional marketing channel or strategy did you try that actually worked and gave you results
    Chime in.
    All social media was new, as was IM not that long ago. Today, Reddit, Insta, X, TikTok, FaBk...etc, etc are all established marketing channels.

As for really unconventional, Warrior Glenn Osborn is a master, using scratch off lottery tickets, big red nose, flying cows, jars of candy, confetti canons and coupled with his NLP copywriting retains billion dollar clients. So unconventional works for him.

I've used golf course tee box signs, imprinted golf balls and tees, co-op (host/parasite) ads in gyms, and restaurant menus and on clocks. Depends on the intent, but the bigger the fish I want to reel in, the more expensive (gifts) the attention getting devices are.

At one time, not long ago, the PODCAST was a new channel for marketing which has quickly become saturated. It is harder to get and keep ATTENTION these days, so anything out of the ordinary might work.

GordonJ
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11772018].message }}
  • I stood before a mirrah an' endeavored to manifest both musself an' my mirrah image away.

Despite losin' nearly 13 whole pounds in sweat, nuthin' happened.

An' yet ... what a result.

The necessary convention persisted!

Prahblem is when the buyah/sellah deal ain't no mirrah despite you wannit.

That is whenya gaht differences of convention eithah side.

So where may myootyool convenience best be found?

Always you gotta search for the smoochie point before you go blastin' out on randomly provocative CRAZYBCS.

Prefixes & suffixes aside, an' also the religious meat in the middle regardin' the chastest of nunneries, evrythin' un-convent-ional prompts us to wondah what it means to convene.

Dunno -- las' time I shopped for zucchini in my local store we struck sum kinda natchrl bargain.

How we convened ovah price, shape, availability, an' *may I ordah in bulk plz?* till'n my consoomah dream came true.

But hey, I geddit, for sures: let's naht get stuck, an' let's always seek out sweetah ansas to perpetually gnarly questions.

But if'n marketah an' purchasah ain't convenin' no place actschwl, the theoretical glories of the ravaged convent count for zilchow.

supahconveeenient happnin'

like kinda VOILA

gotta figure the planit ain't no srsly immutable touchpoint for nothin' anyways.

DID I MENSCHUWAAHN I SHOP REGULAH FOR ZUCCHINI ... ?

Pls hear Moi out fore'n I scream immodestly.

Or unimmodestly.

* thinks: I know what I wanna, even if'n nowan else dowint.

Yurp, soes anyways -- what we alkl screamin' 'bout as Novembah 2023's untroddyuled glories invite our next sweeto steps forwed?

Prinnio B's HOTTEST Evah Warriah Forum PRUDDICTSCHWAAAHN:

Likely nowan cares too much beyond the taste of their next burgah -- an' from offa this dismal hellhole you may wish to loft indiscriminately.

My persnl view as today's most evocatively summoned potenschual moron.
    Signature

Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff togethah.

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11772019].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Monetize

What unconventional marketing channel or strategy did you try that actually worked and gave you results?

Chime in.

We have barely scratched the surface of being unconventional
    in internet marketing.

There is an old proverb from The Bible that says:

"There is nothing new under the Sun"

But now there is something new and that is A.I. and its various
    systems that recently became available to the public.

Language models, music and image generators, and more.

With these A.I. systems we can easily develop books, courses,
    code, websites, original images, videos, apps/software, and
    infinite variations and combinations thereof.

And they can all be monetized.

The way that these creations can be applied to marketing are
    endless, only limited by the imagination of man and machine.

As to my own past unconventional marketing methods, most
    are proprietary so I won't discuss them here.

Keep thinking outside the box people!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11772035].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Stella Warren
    Unconventional marketing has to be creative , should show originality and to have deep understanding of our target audience. I prefer for crowdsourcing which involves our audience to share their point of views and their creativity which also results in increase in engagement and loyalty.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11774426].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lonna Roy
    One unconventional marketing strategy that yielded impressive results for us was leveraging user-generated content in a creative way. Instead of merely showcasing customer reviews and testimonials on our website, we encouraged our satisfied customers to share their own stories and experiences with our product on social media.

We initiated a unique hashtag campaign that encouraged users to post photos or videos of themselves using our product in their daily lives. The most captivating and relatable posts were then featured on our website and social media channels. This not only generated a buzz among our existing customer base but also served as authentic and relatable content for potential customers.

The key to success was creating a sense of community and engagement around our brand, as well as offering incentives like contests or discounts for featured posts. This strategy not only boosted our brand's visibility but also established a strong and passionate community of brand advocates who continue to promote our product willingly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11774522].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Theo Grant
      Oh, it was a very good move, we trust people's reviews on their personal social media accounts much more than just reviews on the company's page. After all, the company can always delete them.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11778854].message }}
  • Advertising strategy that uses unconventional tactics to delight and attract customers. It is an alternative to traditional marketing, such as print media, television commercials, billboards, and direct mail.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11774723].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dave_hermansen
    Although some may not see it as unconventional, most eCommerce sites never consider listing their products on Craigslist. For some businesses, Craigslist can be a goldmine. Others, not so much. Like all advertising options, the only way to know if it works is to try it.

Unfortunately, it is virtually impossible to track whether or not your efforts are paying off on Craigslist because your listing cannot contain any links, which means there is no easy, automated way of tracking what comes from your ads. Of course, if there is a massive spike in traffic/sales after implementing Craigslist ads, the answer is pretty obvious. Otherwise, the only way we have thought of to track direct traffic/sales from Craigslist is to set up a new domain just for Craigslist, which you list in your Craigslist ad, and re-direct that CL-only domain to your actual domain. The new domain will be the referrer, which means it came from Craigslist.

Again, Craigslist only works with some niches. It is not for every product.
    Signature
    BizSellers.com - The #1 place to buy & sell websites!
    We help sellers get the MAXIMUM amount for their websites and all buyers know that these sites are 100% vetted.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11774801].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aduttonater
    I like to do direct marketing face to face. Just pop in on your own time and make a deal.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11774805].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mjwillyone
      Originally Posted by aduttonater View Post

I like to do direct marketing face to face. Just pop in on your own time and make a deal.
      I'd love to know more about this. Do you make a phone call in advance? How do you get to the decision maker? What are you actually selling and do you try to get a second meeting or make the sale right there?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11776668].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author writeaway
    There are so many - but what they all have in common is if a platform allows users to link to an external site, that platform is a potential traffic source

Quora
    Reddit
    Facebook Groups
    Group mail
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11774811].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Princess Balestra
    Jus' to say, there is still mebbe a few months left in the GROUND WHIPPET BONES 2 TOOTHPASTE MANUFACTURIN' RESOURCES markit before

1) We gotta quit killin' the dahgs.

2) The factories run outta enslaved refugees.

3) The intrinsic enamel-shinin' formula ain't too dependent on whatevah LETHAL ACID don't squishy the whippet bone granyools to mush before'n you even squeeze the fkr onta yr TOOTHBRUSH.

Natchrlly, this is merely a FUNSY ANALOGY for what might actschwlly be possible --

naht simply for your evryday-choices-made-flesh, but for evrywan's.

Evah wanted sumthin' diffrent?

Welcome to

DOWNHOME SHITOLA
    Unapolagetic Marketin' For the Unashamedly Ill-informed

Fancy an upsell before you even figure what is gowin' on?

K, so them ground whippet bones BRING YOU ETERNAL GOOD FORTUNE.

Even if you THROW 'EM IN THE TRASH!

Which means keepin' 'em COUNTS DOUBLE!

So ... imagine that revolutionary dental firepower cataliyzing your teeth inton a PERFECT SMILE 26/7.

Why Gnash When You Can Sparkle?

Jus' wanna say, we gotta figure always how there'n a diffrence buttween the ideal directschwaan we all wanna go an' the marketin' magic gonna get us there.

This is a HORSES & COWS kinda distinction, trust Moi.

An' marketin' nevah sees it is a cow, but it always been a ****in' cow.

You want inspirayschwaahn?

Movies, books, dance, cinema ... alla this stuff gonna setchya alight before dumbsy marketin' people wank off sans consequence while simultaneously figurin' space in the mirrah they can inhabit without shrivvlin' the **** on up.

Which is why WHAT IS HERE an' WHAT IS NOW (informed, accourse, by sum kinda zen beginnah stuffs ain't actyooly pyoore STOOPID) should mebbe be of concern to anywan endeavorin' to make anywan else look BRILLIANT (bcs hey), or PLAUSIBLE (bcs c'mon), or evin kinda EVIDENT (bcs brand, burned to braino steada like searin' yr flesh all slavo) ... in your undeniably evident MOMENT of life/existence/whatevah --

almost speshly if'n you wanna blitz Moi to yr Trashzysplatzymoronhole.*

It is a universal principle of any kinda marketin' & copywritin' smarts how you gotta acknowledge the desiah at evrywan's feet & show 'em how to pick the ****** up.

They will wandah ahf, almost inevitably.

But FFS ... who cares bout'n their misdirected ass?

My view?

Always be in possession of the most exactin' SPANKIN' instructions you 100% willin' to initiate.

Evrythin' else is like total chaos.

* You gaht your own name for this. Don't wanna impose none.
    Signature

Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff togethah.

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11776677].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JeffryS
    Using AI generated texts boosted my SEO. I had handwritten texts that were poorly optimized, I used an AI app to re-write them, and after that their positions in google boosted significantly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11777582].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author writeaway
    One powerful method I use to get free TARGETED traffic is through AFFINITY MARKETING

How does this work?

In exchange for freebies, I get friends to refer friends

Since BIRDS OF A FEATHER FLOCK TOGETHER, people who refer their friends tend to share the same interests as their friends

This makes CONVERSION and FURTHER AFFINITY MARKETING so much easier

The best part?

It is 100% free

There are several steps involved to SCALE IT up or else it wont' work

It also has several parts where you have to actively step in and POSITION the system so it generates leads and sales instead of just traffic
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11777652].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MYDCOM
    I'm currently doing unconventional marketing right now just by posting this message
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11777712].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Raz
    In the past I pretended to ask questions about certain products on Reddit with the intention of promoting those products.
    Signature
    Create content in mere seconds for your online business (Lifetime Deal): https://www.dealfuel.com/seller/aifo...ntent-creator/
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11777735].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AceHigh74
    It's not very unconventional these days but having AI research a product and detail a marketing plan for me. Many things in there I was doing already but there were a few good suggestions.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11778017].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Priya Zinavo
    Influencer marketing utilizes influential individuals to endorse products/services, leveraging their credibility and following to reach target audiences authentically, creating impactful brand partnerships and connections.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11778588].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jayson76
    When I was giving music lessons some 20 years ago, I posted my ads on free bulletin boards at grocery stores and, surprising to some people, it worked. However, though, I didn't work for some product website I made some time after when I first got into online marketing. In fact, I was inexperienced at the time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11778664].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dizzibooster1
    UGC Contests: Encourage user-generated content for authentic brand storytelling.
    Guerrilla Marketing: Surprise and engage with attention-grabbing experiences.
    Micro-influencer Partnerships: Collaborate with niche influencers for authentic engagement.
    Interactive Quizzes: Educate and entertain while subtly promoting your brand.
    Unexpected Brand Partnerships: Collaborate with unrelated brands for fresh perspectives.
    Cause Marketing: Support a social cause to build trust and positive brand associations.
    Humor and Creativity: Stand out with playful and humorous content.
    Personalized Communication: Tailor marketing messages for genuine connections.
    Each strategy aims to engage and resonate with your audience in unique and effective ways.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11781928].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author samb7
    There are plenty of unconventional marketing tactics around. One that I emphasize these days is to use AI generated content and the link to your offer. Create info products, blogs, etc

As an Amazon seller who is now passionate about how AI can be applied in any part of our marketing and traffic generation, I can say some thing about this. Unconventional marketing strategies infused with AI can revolutionize traffic generation for businesses. One innovative approach involves leveraging AI-powered bots, content or virtual assistants on social media platforms and websites. These intelligent bots can engage with users in real-time, offering personalized recommendations, answering queries, and even creating a conversational and interactive experience.

The integration of unconventional AI in marketing not only sets a brand apart in a crowded digital landscape but also ensures that each interaction is finely tuned to resonate with the target audience, ultimately driving traffic through a more intelligent and targeted outreach strategy.

However, what we call unconventional today maybe conventional tomorrow.
    Signature
    Looking to launch a Proven Business
    Check it out here:
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11782031].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre

Chime in.
    I think I understand why the question is asked. But being unconventional isn't an advantage in itself. It's only an an advantage if it works better than the alternatives, whether they are conventional or not.

Before I get off my soapbox with my megaphone, maybe this will add a little to the discussion.

The very best source of sales is your present customer base. The second best source of buyers is Other People's Buyers. And the best way to get to these buyers is by referral from one of your own buyers (if you are selling) or a joint venture with a fellow marketer with buyers that are compatible with your own. (If you are marketing)

Those are your best sources of buyers. Nothing else comes close.

Maybe an unconventional approach would help if it was a way to locate these sources of buyers, that other marketers haven't thought of.

Originally Posted by writeaway View Post

It also has several parts where you have to actively step in and POSITION the system so it generates leads and sales instead of just traffic
    And that's a mistake almost everyone makes. Even the most experienced.

They want traffic. But what they want are sales. Of course leads (people who have expressed interest in your offer) are a good second tier to aim for.

And the biggest factor when marketing or selling, that determines our success is...WHO are we marketing to, and how did we get in front of them. We want buyers...who have proven that they are willing to pay money for the category of offer we have.

Why dig dirt by the ton, hoping for flakes of gold...when there are veins of gold already there that we can access?

Now I'm going to take a nap.
    Signature
    One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

What if they're not stars? What if they are holes poked in the top of a container so we can breath?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11782040].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Moodesburn1977
    a method i used recently was going on a roator its email marketing you get a click from an email that is sent and the next click goes to the next business etc and then back to you eventually the results are good and converts really well, it is normally dailly traffic
    Signature

Lets build a online business by giving value and learning how to build a email list
    https://davidmitchell1977.systeme.io/givevalueonwarrior

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11782502].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alexcray
    Integrate AR into your marketing materials, allowing users to experience your product or service in a new way.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11785190].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Raz
    By the way, there is a new way of cold emailing, very unconventional, using a sport event as a bait. For example:

"Perhaps you are sad that Chicago Bulls lose to Los Angeles Lakers, but you don't have to be sad for your website getting ranked on the second page of google because I can help you blah blah...."
    Signature
    Create content in mere seconds for your online business (Lifetime Deal): https://www.dealfuel.com/seller/aifo...ntent-creator/
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11785743].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rahul Das
    Hi Friend, Thank you very much for giving such nice information.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11787283].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author naviown
    Great information ,like always, learn tons of new stuff.
    Signature
    DFY(Done-For-You) Service. Building A $3k/Month Biz From Scratch.

Tons Of REVIEWS! LIMITED SEATS! CLICK HERE To Check Out WSO
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11787686].message }}

Trending Topics