Decompressing after a long week

by WarriorForum.com Administrator
18 replies
How do you decompress after a long week?

I'll start with a nice pint of beer.
#decompressing #long #week
  • Profile picture of the author Rotoloyo
    For me sport is the best way to decompress myself. Especially "Cardio" sport like Running, Tennis, Swimming, etc. At the end of the course, you can feel the consequences and you'll never be angry for long hours, whatever happens
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11773254].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jamell
    I go to the water side or a park and watch a few YouTube videos
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11773275].message }}
  • I would wish always to summon unconditionwaahl bendiness unto muh person.

This way, you flexibyool enough to wangle into gaps/opportunities without fallin' ovah in the store while you dreamin' 'bout stuffs.

You gotta see the compression comin', I guess -- an' skip wilfully aside.

So here's a Yogah exercise for evrywan.

It is called ZERO ANIMYOOL IMAGRY BUT HEY.

Allya need is a LIT CANDLE an' 100% COTTON UNDAHGARMENTS.

Hey, so here's how it goes ...

You LAY DOWN on yuh YOGA MAT, you LIGHT THE CANDLE an' schlumpf it all balanced an' level in yr NAVEL (like you were dowin' Hopi Ears on sumone, but it is like yr abdomen) ...

an' thenya trust yusself to FALL ASLEEP without INCINERATIN' YR OWN TITS or DOWIN' TO YR BUILDIN' what Leonardo Di Caprio did to the gal in the swim pool c/o a flamethrowah in that Quaranteeno movie from whenevah.

Tellya, I a goldmine for decompression secrets ...
    Signature

Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff togethah.

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11773288].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GordonJ
    Originally Posted by WarriorForum.com View Post

How do you decompress after a long week.

I guess it depends on what one is decompressing from. Imagine the teens just released after two weeks in captivity with Hamas...or the person doing chemo...or a car accident which takes life.

So, I use PERSPECTIVE to decompress, that and Alan and JB, IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE.

Having a bad week at work, well... at least one has a job.

GordonJ

Added P.S. I see Tik Tok is aflame with the tragic woes of a recent grad facing her gawd awful 40 hour work week...the poor thing doesn't have time to decompress.

And after further thought...maybe she is right, the whole 40 hour work week is outdated...thank goodness I found Entrepreneurship at a young age, where 60 hour work weeks were fun.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11773296].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Odahh
    Originally Posted by WarriorForum.com View Post

I heat up some chili. After adding a bunch of differen seasonings.Then eat tortilla chips and drink water as I eat the chili.

Or I'll go with some clam chowder and then have a beer. Then make sure to break out the Boston accent and tell any near me that I'm eating Clam chowdah and drinking a beach. I really throw people off when I tell them it's wicked pissah.

If I want entertainment with my decompression I can just walk to downtown Las Vegas and hang out on freemont street.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11773306].message }}
  • Originally Posted by WarriorForum.com View Post

For employees, that question gets a response in line with "take a trip" or "go for a swim to unwind".

But I've never wanted to unwind.

Entrepreneurs feed off the pressure, the demands they put on themselves.

Champion bodybuilders workout so hard they pass out or throw up. How do they unwind? They don't. They can't wait until the next grueling workout.

Successful business owners look forward to Monday after a hard week. I know I always did.
    Signature
    One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

What if they're not stars? What if they are holes poked in the top of a container so we can breath?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11773451].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lonna Roy
    After a long and hectic week, I decompress by dedicating time to self-care. I usually start with a relaxing bath or a long walk in nature, allowing me to clear my mind and unwind. I also love to indulge in a good book, watch a favorite TV show, or practice some mindfulness and meditation to center myself. Spending quality time with loved ones, whether it's a dinner with friends or a cozy evening with family, helps me recharge and find balance. Additionally, I like to plan some leisure activities for the weekend, whether it's trying a new hobby, exploring a new place, or simply taking a day to rest and rejuvenate.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11774521].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jkarnish
    I enjoy doing a few things.

1.) I like watching documentaries.
    2.) Taking my dog for a walk.
    3.) Going outside and spending time in nature.
    4.) Watching funny dog and cat videos.
    5.) Any video or show will make me laugh.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11774721].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jhoney12
    For me, sports are the ultimate way to decompress, especially cardiovascular activities like running, tennis, and swimming. After a session, you can feel the positive effects, ensuring that whatever happens, you won't be harboring anger for long hours.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11777189].message }}
  • This is a good time to take a walk, practice yoga, read a book or simply lay down. Light physical activity, a hot bath or shower and an outfit change into comfortable clothes can all also help you to relax and unwind.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11777574].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Princess Balestra
      Originally Posted by Pelorus Technologies View Post

This is a good time to take a walk, practice yoga, read a book or simply lay down. Light physical activity, a hot bath or shower and an outfit change into comfortable clothes can all also help you to relax and unwind.
      Hey, Tech Slooshinscape!

Any ways we can multitask on these seemingly separate optschwaahns like the good folk of Before We Were Born dreamt 'bout breathin' an' retainin' their own teeth past like 22?

Evry wish list is a definitive This Twist if'n you can supply.

rn I gtg with throwin' on my yoga pants an' lyin' down with a book in the tub while water from above splashes 'pon Moi.

But if'n I walk out anyplace, natchrlly I lose alla these advantages.

Mebbe a longah tub would help.

Plus also a showah splashes out bettah.

Yeah ... with mebbe a 20' lahng tub, water-sheilded poetry, yoga pants an' high kicks, back an' forth, back an' forth, like sum kinda monumentally sensorily deprived hamstah, I could max out on the perfect union of all things practicyool an spirityool.

Jus' gotta knock muh bathroom into the apartment next door, an' yanno ...
      Signature

Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff togethah.

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11777624].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author borsha
    great post
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11777660].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author discrat
      I guess iam late for the party but I enjoy some high intense exercise and later have a couple of beers.

Also, I admit I love to go to the local theater and watch the newest movie with popcorn and Diet Coke to boot!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11783029].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Moodesburn1977
    yes the same a nice cold one
    Signature

Lets build a online business by giving value and learning how to build a email list
    https://davidmitchell1977.systeme.io/givevalueonwarrior

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11783130].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Scofeild618
    After a long week, I find relaxation in unwinding activities such as reading a good book, taking a nature walk, or enjoying a leisurely cup of tea. Engaging in these calming pursuits helps me clear my mind and recharge for the upcoming week.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11783867].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RMRC
    For me it's delicious food and good movies. Entertainment is how I best decompress to give my mind a rest from thinking about work related things.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11783891].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author discrat
      Had a helluva a decompression today. Ran hard for 35 minutes. Walked the dog over a mile.Did abs workout. Then Did 30 minute weightlifting workout. Iam about ready for a cold one
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11784016].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nksurf
    Like they say "Work Hard, Play Hard"
    Signature

Thank you

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11789397].message }}

Trending Topics