Give me an elevator pitch of your product

by WarriorForum.com Administrator
23 replies
I'll start with Warrior Forum.

Warrior Forum is the world's largest Internet Marketing Community and Marketplace.
#elevator #give #pitch #product
  • Profile picture of the author Rotoloyo
    Fine ! I work for Telemac Inc which is the biggest European Psychic company (since 1989)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11773252].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GordonJ
    Originally Posted by WarriorForum.com View Post

I'll start with Warrior Forum.
    Warrior Forum is the world's largest Internet Marketing Community and Marketplace.
    I help you find your life's mission, and then together, we create pathways to your success.

GordonJ
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11773293].message }}
  • I'm not sure some of you know what an elevator pitch actually is.

To me, it's what you say after they ask "What do you do for a living?"

The answer you give should mention a big benefit you deliver to your buyers, and a qualifying statement that makes you sound exclusive...or hard to get.

When I sold vacuum cleaners in people's homes, I would say "I sell high end vacuum cleaners, but only to people who already own a vacuum cleaner".

Why? Because I used to say "I sell high end vacuum cleaners"...but I was tired of hearing "I already have a vacuum cleaner".

When I sold my local online marketing service, I said "I deliver online leads and sales to business owners, but only to those that already have a website".

I used to say "I deliver online leads and sales to business owners". But I was tired of hearing "I already have a website".

I want them to either ask a question about that I said, or change the subject. Either way is fine with me.

The problem with the majority of "elevator pitches" is either that they don't instantly convey a benefit that your target audience wants now....or they go on for a solid minute, using important sounding gibberish that conveys nothing.

By the way, have I ever used either of these statements to then get an appointment to make a sale? Yes. Both of them. Several times.
    Signature
    One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

What if they're not stars? What if they are holes poked in the top of a container so we can breath?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11773304].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GordonJ
      Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

I think a good test of your "Elevator pitch" is the answer to this question.
      "Have you ever given your elevator pitch to someone and they then asked you "Could you tell me more about that?", and went on to buy from you?"

I suspect the answer is almost universally "No".
      Your professional salesmanship is shining through. And you give excellent examples of how you have used the so-called elevator pitch (EP...or speech) to produce business. Great stuff.

If the EP is a business answer to "What do you do for a living?"...then I have to add the answer you give might be contained within the circumstances or the where and when.

The EP I gave..."I help you find your life's mission, and then together, we create pathways to your success." was used during a time when I was 'coaching/consulting' and for my purpose, the coach would help identify the want, the consultant would then draw a map to get it, although I never called myself either of those.

But I had a different one for my Golf work "I teach average golfers to get a single digit handicap in one season, guaranteed." If they said I already have a single digit, then I might reply with Do you want to win your club championship? Or something else.

MOST golfers do not carry a single digit handicap and so that would open the door to the conversation. I gave this golf EP at the community health club, bowling leagues, or whenever it seemed appropriate.

I can say with confidence, the single digit handicap, along with adding another 30 yards to their drive, GUARANTEED, accounted for a lot of new business at my golf shop.

And to be fair, there were times, when at events of all sorts, I got a bad vibe from the crowd, and didn't want to have ANY of them as customers, I might give an ANTI PITCH, I am a Creative Marketing Professional who only works with 100 million dollar and higher companies. End of convo for most of them. Thank goodness.

I think today, we are seeing many people perfecting their ANTI EP, via TikTok and their social medias.

GordonJ

I'm not sure some of you know what an elevator pitch actually is.
      To me, it's what you say after they ask "What do you do for a living?"

The answer you give should mention a big benefit you deliver to your buyers, and a qualifying statement that makes you sound exclusive...or hard to get.
      When I sold vacuum cleaners in people's homes, I would say "I sell high end vacuum cleaners, but only to people who already own a vacuum cleaner".
      Why? Because I used to say "I sell high end vacuum cleaners"...but I was tired of hearing "I already have a vacuum cleaner". When I sold my local online marketing service, I said "I deliver online leads and sales to business owners, but only to those that already have a website".
      I used to say "I deliver online leads and sales to business owners". But I was tired of hearing "I already have a website".I want them to either ask a question about that I said, or change the subject. Either way is fine with me.The problem with the majority of "elevator pitches" is either that they don't instantly convey a benefit that your target audience wants now....or they go on for a solid minute, using important sounding gibberish that conveys nothing.
      By the way, have I ever used either of these statements to then get an appointment to make a sale? Yes. Both of them. Several times.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11773452].message }}
      • Thank you GordonJ and Claude Whitacre that was very informative. I like the way you added the ending of " but only to people who already own a vacuum cleaner". and " but only to those who have websites". I was looking for a different angle to say as I would get the same response to those questions. Thank again for the read.
        Darrell M
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11774302].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
          Originally Posted by Darrell McGillis View Post

Thank you GordonJ and Claude Whitacre that was very informative. I like the way you added the ending of " but only to people who already own a vacuum cleaner". and " but only to those who have websites". I was looking for a different angle to say as I would get the same response to those questions. Thank again for the read.
          Darrell M
          There are several reasons for adding these qualifying statements;

It can stop them from giving an off the cuff dismissing statement.
          It makes you sound choosy.
          It makes you sound more in demand...a huge factor.
          It offers them something to ask about...to continue the conversation.
          It forces the person out of their automatic responses. It forces them to think a little.
          It sets you apart from everyone else (In the listener's mind) in your business.

You want to make sure that the "qualifying ending statement" doesn't repel your target clients/customers/. It can't apply to qualified prospects.

I hope that helps.
          Signature

What if they're not stars? What if they are holes poked in the top of a container so we can breath?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11774477].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dave_hermansen
    Sorry, but I've never understood the need for an elevator pitch for someone who sells online. My marketing is done on the internet, not in an "elevator". If you're talking about what to say to people you meet at a party, "I have multiple successful businesses that sell products online" seems to work just fine.
    Signature
    StoreCoach.com - FREE TRAINING - Learn How to Build Your Own eCommerce Website
    My PROVEN ecommerce process, as seen on: Fox Business News, the NY Times & Flippa
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11773313].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SEOSEATTLE
    I like it!
    Celebrating 15 years at a Seattle SEO company continuing to offer 100% Money Guaranteed SEO without a single bad review ever. That's what I do for a living ( :...
    Signature

Celebrating 15 years at VGISEO
    Seattle SEO Expert

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11773319].message }}
  • I think a good test of your "Elevator pitch" is the answer to this question.

"Have you ever given your elevator pitch to someone and they then asked you "Could you tell me more about that?", and went on to buy from you?"

I suspect the answer is almost universally "No".
    Signature

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11773449].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Monetize
    An elevator pitch happens when you get a moment of
    some V.I.P. executive's attention, someone you would
    like to invest in your company or do business with.

For an online marketer it might be a scenario such as
    meeting a major YouTube/IG influencer, someone that
    you would want to promote your product or service to
    their millions of followers.

This moment could take place in an elevator or some
    other location, but you are only going to get a brief
    moment to pitch to them.

It's kind of like when you go to a chamber of commerce
    meeting and everybody stands up and tells everybody
    else what business they are in.

You want to have something ready at all times so that
    when the opportunity happens, you aren't standing
    there stammering and looking dumb.

You don't go on and on about it, you just tell the main
    points and if the person is interested they will ask you
    for more details and for your contact information.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11773458].message }}
    • Originally Posted by Monetize View Post

For an online marketer it might be a scenario such as
      meeting a major YouTube/IG influencer, someone that
      you would want to promote your product or service to
      their millions of followers.
      I used to go to a lot of conferences and marketing events. Most cost a thousand dollars or so to attend, and were for a few days.

My room mate (a phenomenal marketer and speaker ) taught me how to use these events to prospect for new clients. He would attend maybe 3 or 4 of these events a year...and it was the only marketing he had to do to fill his calendar.

At events where the attendees are online marketers, these "elevator speeches" are usually used to qualify and interest joint venture partners at the event.

The key is to be short and sweet. Ask what they do for a living, and listen to the answer. They will almost always ask what you do for a living, and then you give your ten second (or less) speech.

My goal is for them to ask another question. I want them chasing me (figuratively speaking). I may make them ask me two questions before I'll open up to what I do in detail....or ask them if they want to talk about it further.
      Signature

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11773479].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Monetize

I used to go to a lot of conferences and marketing events. Most cost a thousand dollars or so to attend, and were for a few days.

My room mate (a phenomenal marketer and speaker ) taught me how to use these events to prospect for new clients. He would attend maybe 3 or 4 of these events a year...and it was the only marketing he had to do to fill his calendar.

At events where the attendees are online marketers, these "elevator speeches" are usually used to qualify and interest joint venture partners at the event.

The key is to be short and sweet. Ask what they do for a living, and listen to the answer. They will almost always ask what you do for a living, and then you give your ten second (or less) speech.

My goal is for them to ask another question. I want them chasing me (figuratively speaking). I may make them ask me two questions before I'll open up to what I do in detail....or ask them if they want to talk about it further.

I just hope that you will be writing more books.

You have such a vast world of knowledge and experience.

More books please.

Humanity needs them.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11773515].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Moodesburn1977
    its basically affiliate marketing, i do pitch in emails put only once a week, we do emails say for eg results curosity, story value emails is the best methods, its all about giving value and then sales later after you build the relationships, sending private messages and things like that dont work
    Signature

Lets build a online business by giving value and learning how to build a email list
    https://davidmitchell1977.systeme.io/givevalueonwarrior

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11774304].message }}
  • rn I runnin' with Facilitator of the Bizarre.

You would wanna figure you don't gotta IRON SLACKS to accomplish said goal, but it turns out you gotta look profeshnl even when you proferrin' the glories of the mysterious.

Natchrlly, Hallowe'en was a huge plus.

"Are you laying out pumpkins tonite?"

"In these slacks? Huh, you gotta be kiddin'."

"Ha. Funny."

"Hey, plus also I don't generally lay out pumpkins bcs yanno, perky boobies."

* silence *

Thing is, Ogilvy had it right 'bout the powah of the HEADLINE ...

The introductory magnitood upon which you want your prospects to (instantly, despritly, eternally) suck.

If'n you can give head like a frickin' star, evrythin' that flows is a prize beyond measure.

An' it is this flexibility of purpose that is so key.

Soon as nowan figures you pitchin' 'em a LINE, they will recoil zif you workin' 'em like no chump.

So you want a MENAGERIE of POSSIBILITY, live on your tongue, to sweetsy the dialog gowin' on.

Written down, you want the best live demo of yr offah, which is why it pays to check yr key messagin' evry 3 months to see if'n FUNGI SPROUTED in yr absence.

Yeah, so I said alla this in the * silence * ...

& in muh wretchedly ironed SLACKS ...

an' the guy says, "actually, I hang a sign on my door to keep them pesky kids away. I was just breaking the ice--"

So that's when I bit him on the neck an' went ate the breakfast I missed tryin' naht to look or sound stoopid.
    Signature

Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff togethah.

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11774368].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author XrayDelta
    "I write words that sell"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11774622].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author The Click Swap
    my goal elevator pitch,

I help business owners save time and potentially make more $$$ through captivating visual content marketing.

Oof.

Wish it was more "huzzah" but thats what I got!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11774633].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aduttonater
    I change negative infested low vibrating mindsets into goal getting over achievers. I have a course the works on this. Investors gain inside information about not only positive daily habits but online and offline building, marketing and wealth generation. If I could get you this $1000 value for just $300 today, would we have a deal?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11774806].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author writeaway
    I help online publishers achieve success by saving money on content research, creation, and marketing. I help clients achieve their goals through custom solutions that fit their budget and goals.

I think the pitch above is short enough even for a 1 story elevator ride
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11774810].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MiraRautio
    I work for Ivacy VPN, and our mission is simple: to provide you with a secure and seamless online experience. With Ivacy, your privacy is our priority. Enjoy unrestricted access to content, fast connections, and peace of mind in the digital world. Elevate your online security with Ivacy VPN.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11774937].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
    Again...what an elevator pitch is.....is your response when someone asks "What do you do for a living?". The answer is supposed to get them to ask a question that furthers the conversation.... assuming what you do applies to them.

One question you may ask yourself is "Does my answer actually sound like a real person would say it?"

Nearly every example I've ever read, here and elsewhere, are things that a real breathing human would never say in a million years...to another human being.

Just a thought.
    Signature

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11776032].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Moodesburn1977
    My first point is there are many businesses or opportunites that you can make money from day 1 but how many are around in 10 years, not many i think it is all about giving value and we focus on building a community this is the only thing that really works
    Signature

Lets build a online business by giving value and learning how to build a email list
    https://davidmitchell1977.systeme.io/givevalueonwarrior

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11777406].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MYDCOM
    My pitch:

4PPO.COM provides unlimited free SEO and Ai Tools for internet marketers. No sign up, no download, no freemium!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11777710].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Raz
    The ultimate AI content generator
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11777739].message }}

Trending Topics