Creative split testing question

6 replies
I am split testing my creatives but im not sure how much things like color and what words I use actually make in difference in CTR and conversion rate. Do they make a huge impact or if my CTR is lower for the base creative should I keep making new creatives until the CTR is higher and then split test from there.

Thanks in advance
#creative #question #split
  • Profile picture of the author Monetize
    Originally Posted by workus blockus View Post

I am split testing my creatives but im not sure how much things like color and what words I use actually make in difference in CTR and conversion rate. Do they make a huge impact or if my CTR is lower for the base creative should I keep making new creatives until the CTR is higher and then split test from there.

Thanks in advance

Of course colors and words make a difference in click throughs.

If you see something that is purple and black, orange and pink,
    or some other wacky colors, are you going to be interested.

Find a pleasing color palette and get help with your copy.

Do yourself a favor and use ChatGPT for things like this.

I use it for colors and much more.

Here is a prompt:

ChatGPT, I need the HEX/RGB color for a shade of BLANK
    that is pleasing to the eye, or goes with BLANK, or whatever
    your criteria is.

It can research all sorts of things and if you give it your two
    options it will tell you which one is better and explain the
    reasons.

It is also great at copywriting.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11778189].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Theo Grant
      thanks for the script. sometimes it is not possible to formulate the right query for gpt correctly, it is good that someone makes ready-made scripts
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11778851].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MYDCOM

Thanks in advance
    In my experience with split testing creatives, both color choices and the words you use can indeed make a significant impact on CTR and conversion rates. It's not uncommon for even subtle changes in color schemes, wording, or imagery to lead to noticeable differences in CTR, leads, etc.

Ideally you should test one change at a time to isolate the winning variables and track the results. This way, you can gradually refine your creative to achieve higher CTR and conversion rates. Make sure you are able to track everything not only CTR on the ad, but stats on your LP too.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11778196].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Moodesburn1977
    My advice as you are very specific in your testings, is to create many creatives maybe 10 or more and see what works and what dosent work and see if that makes a difference i hope this helps
    Signature

Lets build a online business by giving value and learning how to build a email list
    https://davidmitchell1977.systeme.io/givevalueonwarrior

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11778198].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jamell
    I suggest that you test no more than 3 .There are a few things you can do like tweak your offer or your headlines to see if that improves your CTR .

It would help if you was using an ads grader .

Last but not least what Is the objective that you want to achieve .Is it sales,likes ,impressions ?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11778405].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author YoichiSpeaks

Thanks in advance
    Which platform are you using?

You have to test 1 change at a time. Then keep testing against the one that does better by changing 1 thing.

Putting color on your creative border usually helps.

Your word choice definitely helps. research nlp and you'll know which words to use on your creatives.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11778468].message }}

Trending Topics