Amazon Associates limited

by nksurf
10 replies
Amazon Associates has limited our options to only text links. As per my understanding, we are not allowed to use images from Amazon or any other source unless we have sold 3 to 5 products through our referral link. After checking with Clickbank and JVzoo, I found that they don't have many products within my niche. I am considering looking into Walmart, but do you have any other suggestions?
#amazon #associates #limited
  • Profile picture of the author Monetize
    Originally Posted by nksurf View Post

Amazon Associates has limited our options to only text links. As per my understanding, we are not allowed to use images from Amazon or any other source unless we have sold 3 to 5 products through our referral link. After checking with Clickbank and JVzoo, I found that they don't have many products within my niche. I am considering looking into Walmart, but do you have any other suggestions?

Are you asking for suggestions about affiliate networks?

If so, there are hundreds and you can Google that.

But if you and your team (if that is what is meant by "we")
    could not make 5 Amazon sales, you probably won't be able
    to get a Walmart affiliate account or anything else that is
    worthwhile.

As to CB and JVZoo, if they don't have products that fit your
    niche then you need to be more flexible.

Ideally, you want to find profitable products to promote, and
    then build your marketing around that, not to find products
    that fit your niche because you are sentimental or caught
    up in one thing.

The objective is to get paid, the niche is irrelevant.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11787184].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nomananwar
      Banned
      Need any authentic help for Affiliates marketing?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11791436].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mazhar
    I think you have a niche website that you are using for Amazon affiliate marketing. I guess you are a professional blogger, so you may try to affiliate with digital products such as

1. keyword research tools,
    2. hosting,
    3. domains,
    4. themes, etc.

This sector has lots of competitive websites, but you may try this type of digital marketing if you have an interest.

I think most of the professional giant bloggers can regularly benefit from their digital affiliate marketing. This is the reason why, if you can create a high-authority website and do affiliate marketing by using digital products, you may spread your affiliate marketing broadly.

I think you don't need step-by-step guidelines for starting this type of affiliate marketing by using digital products. So you may choose digital products to expand your affiliate marketing if you want.
    Signature
    Affiliate Marketing [Beginners] [Step-By-Step], Blogging Full Time $0 – $18000!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11787220].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alexcray
    Provides access to various niche markets and supports image linking with merchant approval.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11787261].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author savidge4
    Ok, so you can only use a text link ( and this is not exactly true - ill get into this in a minute ) and you can not use images from Amazon.

Lets start with the images... There are Amazon Affiliates, and then there are successful ones... your average Amazon affiliate is linking willy nilly to products and on a good day re-word content taken from the Amazon page or the Manufacturers page. THIS does not work - there are thousands if not 10's of thousands if not millions of pages that follow this pattern, and the reality is it does not work.

Those that are successful... BUY the product they are selling, you can use image content that you have actually taken the photos of. You are writing product reviews based on actually having the product in your hand - THIS changes the game,

Go out onto YouTube and look for a product you want to sell as an affiliate. you will find videos with stock photos and non sense.. and then you will find videos with people with the product in their hand, Explaining how to use it, how it has worked for then etc etc... which of the 2 do you think will be more effective in getting people to click?

Now to links. I personally use the WP All Imports plugin and integrate Amazon products into a WooCommerce site. on YOUR site they can add to cart.. and then once they press checkout, they are sent to Amazon for payment - for a one single item or a whole cart of items - Stepping up the overall delivery of content - its no longer the spammy click this link type affiliate site with BS reviews - its a whole other animal.

Yes, i get it the whole idea of actually buying product, in order to sell product in theory is expensive - BUT you will actually make sales. YES the WP All Imports plugin isnt cheap - but it absolutely works - and is worth every penny.

And the bonus of tis is depending on the product you can maybe source product at say goodwill? I do this with coffeemakers, Bread Makers, Juicers etc - have the product in hand, have my own photos. Give an actual hands on review... and once im done with the product i turn around and sell the item on eBay - almost always if not always at a profit.
    Signature
    Success is an ACT not an idea
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11787657].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author max5ty
      Originally Posted by savidge4 View Post

And the bonus of tis is depending on the product you can maybe source product at say goodwill? I do this with coffeemakers, Bread Makers, Juicers etc - have the product in hand, have my own photos. Give an actual hands on review... and once im done with the product i turn around and sell the item on eBay - almost always if not always at a profit.
      No doubt a good idea...but, apparently Goodwill is now realizing a lot of their stuff is being bought and sold, so they're upping the prices on the type of items you mentioned.

There was a big FB group discussion about his lately. Not that I even visit FB much anymore, but I did happen to read the discussion about this.

Apparently, the way Goodwill prices their furniture, etc. is getting absurd.

Anyway, when I read that part in your comment it reminded me of that discussion from about a month ago. Yes, it's too early for me to be thinking too much
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11787674].message }}
        Originally Posted by max5ty View Post

No doubt a good idea...but, apparently Goodwill is now realizing a lot of their stuff is being bought and sold, so they're upping the prices on the type of items you mentioned.
        I get these type of items for 25% of retail more often than not. Not a huge garage sale type but when i do go, you can get these types of items inexpensively as well.

BUT... even if you break even at the end of the day, you have content that is #1 original, #2 Google will find worth listing, and #3 sharing actual experience of an item when trying to sell it - being very candid of the pluses and minus' of said item will without question increase someone actually clicking on a link and buying the item.

even at amount of loss... its an expense to generate content that should pay back and then some - Think Mr Beast as an over the top example or a little lower on the absurd scale - cooking tiktoks, youtube etc that are cooking Wagyu beef to get views.

90% or greater Amazon affiliates dont put in the investment and time to write actual content based on experience and or knowledge. There is an obvious difference between fake it til you make content vs someone that actually owns the thing right?
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11787760].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BarknNest
    Amazone associate is getting harder and harder. As like FBA
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11788297].message }}
      Originally Posted by BarknNest View Post

Amazone associate is getting harder and harder. As like FBA
      Its only hard if you are doing what everyone else is. Using the same text and images as everyone else... and Google is not going to include your page in a SERP listing - kinda plain and simple.

You have to progess passed what I call Lazy... and actually produce content that is new and original and worth something of value to the reader... AKA Knowledge and Experience with the item.

When you are talking about a "Brand X red 2 slice toaster" competition on Google thins out quickly. Create content based on actually owning the thing.. and original photos, and things get easy fast.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11788301].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kamrun ruba seo
    Amazon is one of the best online shopping web page.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11788346].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ushavilash
    Hi nksurf,
    You could explore affiliate programs from retailer like Walmart, Target, or Best Buy and you might find relevant product on affiliate network such as ShareASale or Commission Junction. It's essential to review their terms and product offering to check compatibility with your niche.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11789108].message }}

Trending Topics